Amanda M. Dossat, Ph.D.
Dr. Amanda M. Dossat
Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics
University of Florida College of Medicine
P.O. Box 100267
Gainesville, FL 32610-0267
Research Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics
B.A., Psychology and Spanish, Florida State University, Department of Psychology
M.S., Psychobiology, Florida State University, Department of Psychology
Ph.D., Neuroscience, Florida State University, Department of Biomedical Sciences
Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Advisor: Dr. Brandon Harvey
Dr. Dossat is working with Dr. Daniel Wesson to expand understanding of the role of the olfactory tubercle in mediating reward-motivated behaviors, specifically the neural and behavioral responses to cocaine and e-cigarettes.
- Dossat AM, Fortuno LV, Trychta KA, Richie CT, Harvey BK. Neuronal excitotoxicity reduces endoplasmic reticulum calcium and causes loss of ER resident proteins. J Neurosci, in prep.
- Roberts ER*, Dossat AM*, del Mar Cortijo M, Brundin P, Wesson DW. Alterations in odor hedonics in the Tg6799 Alzheimer’s disease mouse model and the influence of sex. Behav Neurosci, submitted. *equal contributing first authors
- Bäck SM, Dossat AM, Richie CT, Parkkinen IK, Airavaara M, Kiovula P, Wang, Y, Harvey BK. Neuronal activators stimulate cytomegalovirus promoter-driven transgene expression. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev, 14:180-188, 2019.
- Dossat AM, Wright KN, Strong CE, Kabbaj M. Behavioral and biochemical sensitivity to low doses of ketamine: influence of estrous cycle in C57BL/6 mice. Neuropharmacology, 130:30-4, 2018.
- Strong CE, Schoepfer KJ, Dossat AM, Saland SK, Wright KN, Kabbaj M. Locomotor sensitization to intermittent ketamine administration is associated with nucleus accumbens plasticity in male and female rats. Neuropharmacology, 121:195-203, 2017.
- Dossat AM, Sanchez-Gonzalez MA, Koutnik AP, Leitner S, Ruiz EL, Griffin B, Rosenberg JT, Grant SC, Fincham FD, Pinto JR, Kabbaj M. Pathogenesis of depression- and anxiety-like behavior in an animal model of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. The FASEB J, 31(6): 2492-2506, 2017.
- Dossat AM, Jourdi H, Wright KN, Strong CE, Sarkar A, Kabbaj M. Viral-mediated Zif268 expression in the prefrontal cortex protects against gonadectomy-induced working memory, long-term memory, and social interaction deficits in male rats. Neuroscience, 340:243-257, 2017.