Jesse Dallery, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Florida
Area Director, Behavior Analysis Program, Department of Psychology, University of Florida
Incentive-based interventions to promote smoking abstinence and other pro-health behavior; technology-based assessment and intervention of health behavior; human laboratory models of relapse and impulsive/risky decision making, nicotine and cigarette smoking.
B.A. in Psychology, University of New Hampshire
M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Emory University
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Emory University
Postdoctoral Fellow, Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Technology-based interventions to promote health behavior; human laboratory studies of choice and decision making; addiction; translational research on nicotine and smoking; contingency management for smoking cessation; physical inactivity, and medication adherence; mathematical models of operant behavior and choice; matching theory.
- de Cola, B., & Dallery, J. (2020). Delay discounting rate by a surrogate decision maker depends on the smoking status of the recipient. Experimental and clinical psychopharmacology, 10.1037/pha0000356. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/pha0000356
- Budney, A., Marsch, L., Aklin, W., Borodovsky, J., Brunette, M., Campbell, A., Dallery, J., Kotz, D., Knapp, A., Lord, S., Nunes, E., Scherer, E., Stanger, C., Torrey, W. (2020). Workshop on the Development and Evaluation of Digital Therapeutics for Health Behavior Change: Science, Methods, and Projects (Preprint). JMIR Ment Health 2020;7(2):e16751. DOI: 10.2196/167510.2196/preprints.16751.
- Dallery. J., Raiff, B. R., Grabinski, M., & Marsch, L. A. (2019). Technology-based contingency management in the treatment of substance use disorders. Perspectives on Behavior Science, 42(3):445-464. doi: 10.1007/s40614-019-00214-1
- Salloum, R. G., Huo, J., Desai, R., Dallery, J. George, T. J., Warren, G. W. (2019). Tobacco and E-cigarette Use Among Cancer Survivors in the United States. PLOS ONE. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0226110
- Lee, J. Dallery, J., Laracuente, A., Ibe, I., Joseph, S. Huo, J., Salloum , R. G. (2019). A Content Analysis of Free Smoking Cessation Mobile Applications in the United States. Journal of Smoking Cessation. Vol 14(4), Dec 2019, 195-202 https://doi.org/10.1017/jsc.2019.6
- Green, N., & Dallery, J. (2019). Evaluating the effectiveness of education, feedback, & task clarification to increase workplace physical activity. Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, 39(3-4), 237–246. https://doi.org/10.1080/01608061.2019.1632239
- Kurti AN, Bunn JY, Nighbor T, Cohen AH, Bolívar H, Tang KJ, Dallery J, Higgins ST. (2019). Leveraging technology to address the problem of cigarette smoking among women of reproductive age. Preventive Medicine, 10. 1016/j.ypmed.2018.11.004. PMID: 30412743.
- Martner, S., & Dallery, J. (2019). Technology-based contingency management and e-cigarettes during the initial weeks of a smoking quit attempt. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52(4):928-943. doi: 10.1002/jaba.641
- Cox, D., Dallery, J. (2018). Influence of a second outcome on monetary discounting. Behavioural Processes, 153, 84-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.beproc.2018.05.012