Yan Wang, Ph.D., M.S.
Dr. Yan Wang
Department of Epidemiology
2004 Mowry Road,
Gainesville, FL 32610
Office: (352) 294-5942
Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology
Psychology, Peking University (China) B.S.
Child and Family Studies, Syracuse University M.S
Child and Family Studies, Syracuse University Ph.D.
“[Dr. Wang’s] research interests focus on leveraging advanced technologies and methods (e.g., wearable sensors, ecological momentary assessment/EMA) to improve the understanding of etiology and consequences of substance use (e.g., alcohol, medical marijuana). Dr. Wang is also a core faculty member of the Southern HIV and Alcohol Research Consortium (SHARC, U24 AA022002), which focuses on improving health among persons living with HIV in Florida. She also serves as the clinical core lead of the Consortium for Medical Marijuana Clinical Outcomes Research, which is a new consortium established in 2019 by the Florida Statute to provide infrastructural support for statewide research on medical marijuana and its clinical outcomes. Her current NIAAA funded project (R21 AA027191) aims to validate a newly developed wrist-worn alcohol biosensor (BACtrack Skyn) in both laboratory and real-life settings and examine whether the biosensor works equivalently for persons living with or without HIV. She has also been contributing as Co-I on several NIH funded research projects such as a large NIAAA project examining experimentally-induced reduction in alcohol use and its impact on cognitive function (U01 AA020797-06), an NIDA funded project on health effects of marijuana use (R01 DA042069) among persons living with HIV and its Alzheimer’s supplement (R01 DA042069-03S1).” (Department Webpage)
- Richards VL, Sajdeya R, Villalba K, Wang Y, Bryant V, Brumback B, Bryant K, Hahn JA, Cook RL. Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial of Naltrexone Among Women Living With HIV: Correlations Between Reductions in Self-Reported Alcohol Use and Changes in Phosphatidylethanol. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2021 Jan;45(1):174-180. doi: 10.1111/acer.14515. Epub 2020 Dec 17. PMID: 33190242; PMCID: PMC7959182.
- Chen X, Wang Y, Chen DG. Nonlinear Dynamics of Binge Drinking among U.S. High School Students in Grade 12: Cusp Catastrophe Modeling of National Survey Data. Nonlinear Dynamics Psychol Life Sci. 2019 Oct;23(4):465-490. PMID: 31586498.
- Yu B, Chen X, Elliott AL, Wang Y, Li F, Gong J. Social capital, migration stress, depression and sexual risk behaviors among rural-to-urban migrants in China: a moderated mediation modeling analysis. Anxiety Stress Coping. 2019 Jul;32(4):362-375. doi: 10.1080/10615806.2019.1596673. Epub 2019 Mar 20. PMID: 30894027; PMCID: PMC6698390.
- Wang Y, Fridberg DJ, Leeman RF, Cook RL, Porges EC. Wrist-worn alcohol biosensors: Strengths, limitations, and future directions. Alcohol. 2019 Dec;81:83-92. doi: 10.1016/j.alcohol.2018.08.013. Epub 2018 Sep 1. PMID: 30179709; PMCID: PMC6395541.
- Chen X, Gao M, Xu Y, Wang Y, Li S. Associations between personal social capital and depressive symptoms: Evidence from a probability sample of urban residents in China. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2018 Nov;64(7):668-678. doi: 10.1177/0020764018803123. Epub 2018 Oct 1. PMID: 30270697.